Founded in 2008 by three American families affected by Congenital Muscular Dystrophies, Cure CMD’s mission is to advance research toward treatments for congenital muscular dystrophies and improve the lives of those living with CMD through engagement and support of our community.
Through close collaboration with researchers, clinicians, families, and generous supporters like you, we have made a significant impact in the lives of those living with CMD:
- Provided funding for over $3 million in research grants
- Launched two clinical trials
- Grew the Congenital Muscle Disease International Registry to more than 3,000 affected registrants worldwide
- Host a biennial Scientific & Family Conference with over 500 stakeholders in attendance
- Created more than 300 hours of videos content to educate and support advocacy
- Grown community engagement by 300% in the last three years